|Karma Yoga (Volunteer Opportunities)|
What is Karma Yoga?
Karma Yoga is the "discipline of action" is one of the four pillars of Yoga. Karma yoga focuses on the adherence to duty (dharma) while remaining detached from the reward. It is based on a principal that one can experience salvation (moksha) or love (bhakti) of God by performing their duties in an unselfish manner for the pleasure of the Supreme, which is the welfare of the world.
Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering at The Meditation Center.
New Volunteer Opportunity...
Marketing Committee Members
If you have experience in marketing and would like to join The Meditation Center Board's Marketing Committee, please call the TMC office at 612-379-2386.
Volunteering Opportunities at The Meditation Center
The Meditation Center is looking for volunteers who are interested in Karma Yoga opportunities and are able to commit to regular or semi regular Saturday morning participation at the Center. The specific hours are somewhat flexible but we're thinking about 2 to 3 hours between 9AM and noon. The primary focus of this contribution is building cleaning, interior and site maintenance and minor repairs.
* Technical Support: We are always in need of people who are willing to help give technical support to our computers and recording systems.
* Class Greeters: We need people to greet students as they arrive for classes and make sure that they sign in before class and feel comfortable in the space.
* Bookstore Sales Person: We need people who are willing to go through training and work in the bookstore before and after our evening classes.
* Database Support: We are looking for someone to help us sort through our database, cleanse out duplicate names and create useful lists for marketing purposes.
* Youth Child Care Provider: Looking for a youth or adult volunteer who would be interested in providing childcare so that parents can comfortably attend selected lectures and workshops
* Poster Distributors: We need people to periodically help us distribute pamphlets and posters to local businesses etc. through out the Twin Cities (or even just your own neighborhood). Ask us in the office.
* Librarian: The Meditation Center has a small library but quite a collection of books. We could use someone to reorganize the books and create some sort of card catalogue to manage and keep track of them.
* Cleaning: The Meditation Center needs volunteers or a volunteer team to assist in cleaning the interior of The Meditation Center on a weekly basis.
* Food Preparers: We are always in need of people who enjoy cooking vegetarian fare for workshops and other special events or to help out on Thursday evenings, when Paul is not available, to prepare soup and rice.