Himalayan Yoga Tradition
Himalayan Yoga Tradition
Serving The Twin Cities Yoga Community for over 40 years
Administrative Coordinator-Position Description
The Administrative Coordinator coordinates a range of internal organizational operations including the following areas: volunteers, programming, (classes, workshops, retreats, etc.) and information systems. This position reports to the Board of Directors’ Executive Committee.
This is a part time nonexempt position. The Administrative Coordinator partners with committee chairs, officers, staff and volunteers in carrying out the responsibilities outlined below.
The purpose of this position is to be a hub of coordination for Center operations with emphasis on its core operation--programming.
RESPONSIBILTIIES Include but are not limited to the following:
Program Development and Implementation
· Develops and implements programs for TMC’s two primary audiences: 1.) prospective students, facilitating their progress through curriculum 2.) existing members, students and initiates, providing offerings for students at any level.
· Develops new relationships and resources to increase pool of prospective students
· Plans and oversees classes, workshops, events and retreats handling the following:
· Recruiting and contacting faculty/teachers/speakers
· Organizing retreat(s)
· Ensuring an effective registration process
· Ensuring programs meet financial goals
· Ensuring appropriate space and supplies and material inventory (including books/cds)
· Providing the board with quarterly enrollment reports for each term
· Ensuring an effective evaluation process to ensure quality programs (end of program/class/retreat surveys, etc.)
· Connects via phone and email with existing students to inform them of next classes and related opportunities.
· Communicates to marketing in a timely fashion: speakers, classes, workshops, events
· Opens the mail, approves/reroutes invoices for payment,
· Accounts Receivable: enters weekly income in Mind/body software. Sets up new revenue categories as needed. Runs reports for weekly deposit.
· Weekly deposits are prepared and made to US Bank
· Annual Giving Campaign, prepares materials for mailing, creates calling list, enters data, sends out tax and thank you letters, communicates progress of campaign.
· Oversees day-to-day operations including: correspondence, databases, office equipment, etc. to ensure timely responses and efficient and effective operations.
· Ensures timely processing of administrative tasks related to running a nonprofit in MN.
· Assists as needed with bookstore.
· Ensures timely processing of administrative and financial tasks.
· Engages and coordinates volunteers
· Provides coaching and training opportunities for self, staff and volunteers as needed
· Informs Board of Directors of personnel issues
· Partners with other staff members, contractors and volunteers to ensure that quality programming, services and goods are provided.
· Ensures accurate entry of revenue into MindBody Database.
· Other duties as needed and assigned.
§ Previous office experience.
§ Requires commitment to quality and customer care.
§ Strong project management skills.
§ Ability to organize tasks and manage time effectively.
§ High level interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate sensitively and appropriately. Be a “people person.”
§ Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
§ Strong initiative and ability to work effectively independently.
§ Basic competency on personal computer systems (familiarity with Office Word, Excel)
§ Interest in and appreciation for meditation.
§ An attitude of service.
Terms: Part-time and year-round. ,20-30 hours/week salary DOQ. We offer some schedule flexibility, stimulating and RELAXING work environment, and opportunity for growth in responsibilities. Free classes and most workshops. Anticipated start date: July 30th , 2012
Send resume/cover letter to:
The Meditation Center
631 University Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413-1963